Nestled in a beautiful 67-acre wooded campus, five miles northwest of Terre Haute, SMWC has been leading generations to aspire higher since 1840, when it was founded by Saint Mother Theodore Guerin and the Sisters of Providence. As a testament to its commitment to quality education, SMWC consistently ranks as one of the best colleges in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report.
A coeducational, Catholic, liberal arts college, SMWC embraces student-centered academic innovation and welcomes students of all faiths. Whether on campus, online or in the graduate programs, students learn how to think critically, attain goals, and effect positive change in the spirit of service and social responsibility.
With SMWC, you can:
- Choose from 25 majors
- Participate in 7 sports: basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, volleyball, and equine.
- Be heard in class with 8:1 student to faculty ratio
- Explore more than 20 clubs and organizations
- Get help pay for college with approximately 95 percent of campus students receiving financial assistance
- Network with 8,487 alumni worldwide
We aim to transform ourselves, our communities and our world. Join us.