Study Business Administration
There’s one in just about every progressive office: someone who quickly grasps the “big picture” of both how things work and how to move things forward. Behind that “go-to-person” savvy, you’re likely to find a woman or man who was a Business Administration major.
SMWC offers the following business administration programs:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (Business Administration Major)
- Business Administration Minor
About Business Administration
Businesses need people who understand marketing, accounting, and management. A broad background in those areas is part of the training and experience you’ll receive through your Business Administration major at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. One of the interesting things about Business Administration professionals is that they tend to be attentive to detail, but also have a great ability to analyze the bigger picture of a project or venture.
Perhaps that’s why business administration jobs are growing at a higher-than-average rate, according to federal labor reports. If you like the thought of being hands-on and knowledgeable about many areas of business, our program, with its balance of practical and theoretical course work, may be a great fit for you.
On Campus or Online
The business administration major is offered in two formats:
- Campus program: Choose a traditional classroom experience.
- Woods Online: Take advantage of the flexibility of distance learning.
Careers in Business Administration
The Business Adminsitration major can serve multiple purposes and offers the student a variety of options. It is especially appropriate for students who may want to manage their own businesses.
A wide range of career opportunities is available for those in Business Administration:
- small business management and related entrepreneurial activities
- wide variety of entry-level administrative and managerial positions
- not-for-profit and health care industries
- graduate studies in business (MBA) or in law