Music Therapy Club
The SMWC Music Therapy Club was established in 2003 and is very active on campus. Some activities and events sponsored by MTC include:
- Guest speakers
- Community outreach projects, such as leading music in after-school programs
- Facilitating music wellness experiences during Campus Health Awareness Week
- Participating in Race for the Cure and Relay for Life (teams, volunteering, etc.)
- Leading music groups for athletes during Special Olympics
- Campus-wide open mic nights
- Campus movie nights, which focus on specific topics
- Fundraisers, such as the fall Haunted Conservatory, and Singing Valentines in February
- Attendance at state, regional, and national music therapy conferences
Email faculty advisor Sharon R. Boyle, M.M., MT-BC, for more information.
We believe that music bypasses the intellect, unleashes emotions, speaks to the soul, inspires the heart, and creates a connection through the ages.
The SMWC Music Therapy Club’s purpose is to educate the community of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College and the community-at-large about music therapy; to enrich our perspective, as students, about the music therapist profession through experience and observation; and to promote the field of music therapy.
Learn more on our blog!
To learn more about Music Therapy and what you can do with your degree read our Music Therapy Blog.