Begin your journey toward a bachelor’s degree in nursing at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. Rooted in the strong foundation of liberal arts, science and Catholic education, SMWC gives you the knowledge, skills and training you need not only to be successful on the licensure exam but also to aspire higher in your nursing career. Pursue your dream and achieve a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from The Woods.
As a nursing student at The Woods, you will be prepared to assume a role in professional nursing or advance to graduate education. As healthcare changes, you will be ready to integrate technology, utilize data, apply evidence-based findings, communicate and collaborate effectively and creatively plan solutions for the best client outcomes. Nursing graduates are expected to demonstrate the following:
- Advocacy of holistic health
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Culturally sensitive nursing care practices
- Leadership and management abilities
- A strong awareness of client safety
- Support for social justice
Why pursue a nursing degree at The Woods?
As a Catholic liberal arts college, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College offers students a unique perspective. Nursing students will benefit from learning about the healthcare industry through the lens of the values that are central at The Woods.
- As a Catholic college, The Woods is rooted in the values of social justice and caring. A unique emphasis in the nursing program is healthcare policy analysis. This reflects our value of social justice, which promotes access, resources and quality healthcare for all populations. We promote caring for ourselves, our colleagues and our clients.
- A liberal arts education is so much more than facts and data. At The Woods, you’ll learn how to think, not what to think. This is especially important in nursing as you make decisions, overcome daily challenges and approach a variety of situations with confidence. The liberal arts curriculum strengthens values central to nursing by connecting diverse ideas and themes across academic disciplines and incorporating diversity, social justice, women’s issues and sustainability in a global world.
The mission of the Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College nursing program is to provide a value-added education that produces professional and advanced practice nurses who think critically, engage in lifelong leadership, and effect positive change in a spirit of service and social responsibility.
Aspire higher in the spirit of faith to promote wellness, provide quality care and develop transformational leaders through academic innovation.
Ready to pursue a master’s degree? Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College now offers a Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree to help you advance in your career.
Pursue Your Passion for Caring at The Woods. Aspire Higher.
Areas of Study
|RN to BSN Completion Program||Other|