Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is rich in tradition and known for academic excellence. Our alumni often bring their SMWC experience into their own communities, relating their special experience to those around them. With our Enrollment Ambassador program, we are looking to our alumni to help maintain our tradition of enrolling talented students by opening doors for our admissions team.
Do you know a principal or guidance counselor at a local school? How about a local stable manager or administrator at a community arts center? These individuals can play an important role in a student’s college selection process. As an Enrollment Ambassador, you not only have the opportunity to share your experience and information about SMWC, but you also help to personalize the admissions process. We want Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College to be a student’s top choice!
How can you be an Enrollment Ambassador?
- Sign-Up today!
- Once you receive your recruitment packet, visit your local high schools and parishes to share your SMWC experiences with counselors and advisors. You can also share information with prospective students in your spheres of influence.
- Let us know how your visit went. Submit an online contact report form to the Admission Office.
Refer a student to The Woods
Do you know a student who would thrive at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College? Fill out the Refer-a-Student form and the Office of Admission will send them a packet of information.
Recruitment Packet Information
As an Enrollment Ambassador, you will receive a packet of materials to share with people you know. Once you need more materials, please let Molly or Jenn know and they will send you more.
- Points of Pride – This sheet contains information about SMWC, our student population, and the opportunities we offer. Please use this as talking points and feel free to give the sheet to high school counselors as it will give them an overview of The Woods.
- SMWC posters – These are great for high school counselors and teachers to hang in their offices or classrooms.
- Search piece – This piece is to be given to high school students and contains information about SMWC. It also includes a card for students to fill out and submit for more information.
Alumni Enrollment Ambassador Training
To help our Ambassadors feel more prepared to represent Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College at college fairs and high school visits, we have created a short video with tips and tricks for a successful visit. In addition, there is a demonstration on how to set-up a table for a college fair. See the video >
Want more information on becoming an Enrollment Ambassador?
Jennifer McGuire Drake ’96 and Molly Ellsworth ’92 ’10G have graciously agreed to serve as coordinators for this program. They have all the answers, or know where to get the answers, to all of your questions. Don’t be shy. E-mail them today.