The Athletic Facility
“This is more than a building. This is the time to
re-imagine, redefine and reshape our future.”
-Dottie L. King, Ph.D., President of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
The building site is tentatively planned for the west edge of campus, behind the Mary and Andy Rooney Library.
- 45,000 sq. ft. building
- NCAA regulation-sized gym seating approximately 1,000 spectators
- Practice gym for auxiliary revenue and intramural sports
- 2,000 sq. ft. lobby – flexible space for functions and activities
- Locker rooms, a training room, a fitness room and ample storage space
- Offices for a growing athletic program
- Silver LEED environmental certification
SMWC athletes, nearly 30 percent of all campus students, maintain a higher GPA than the entire campus student body. They excel academically, while simultaneously competing nationally in the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) and the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA). SMWC currently offers seven sports: basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball as well as hunt seat and western equestrian teams.