MAMT Application Process
If you are considering the Master of Music Therapy program, we highly recommend you begin the application process as soon as possible. If you apply online, the application fee is waived - so there isn't any reason to delay! Apply now!
In order to apply for the Master of Music Therapy program, you must submit the following:
- Completed application form (online or by mail)
- Official transcript of all collegiate work
- Biographic statement
- Two letters or forms of recommendation
Download Music Therapy recommendation forms (PDF)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Undergraduate degree or credential in Music Therapy, if you are not a MT-BC you may be interested in the distance Music Therapy Equivelancy Program (MTED) offered through Woods Online.
- Audition tape or CD including two contrasting pieces on your major instrument
- $35 non-refundable application fee (waived for online applications)
Other admission requirements include the following:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 / 4.0 or higher on any undergraduate work.
- Undergraduate degree or credential in Music Therapy
- Board Certified Music Therapist Certificate
- Nine hours of psychology (including Abnormal Psychology)
Applications are processed upon receipt and acceptance letters are mailed within 30 days. All application materials should be submitted to:
Office of Graduate Admission
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
1 St. Mary of Woods Coll
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana 47876-1099
For Questions about the Admissions process please contact:
Director for Graduate Admissions
Read PDF files with the free Adobe Reader.