The Woods presents "The Art of Dining"
September 17th, 2012 | SMWC
SMWC students Kelsie Uselman (l) from Clinton, IN and Sherry Bube from Nashville, IN star in this hilarious adaptation of “The Art of Dining.”
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College’s Department of Music and Theatre presents “The Art of Dining” by Tina Howe, running Oct. 4-7, 2012. In this comedy, Ellen is an accomplished gourmet cook and Callie is an accomplished devourer of her culinary creations. They have opened a new chic restaurant – The Golden Carousel -- and the audience is treated to an evening of mayhem as they strive to satisfy a group of eccentric diners. You don’t need to be a Food Network addict to enjoy what many critics feel is Howe’s funniest play.
Best known for the work “Painting Churches,” Tina Howe won numerous awards for her writing, including an Obie Award for Distinguished Playwriting, an Outer Critic Critics Circle Award and the 1998 New York Drama Critics Award for Best Play. The Woods is proud to welcome back guest artist Brandon Wentz to direct the play and David DelColletti as lighting designer.
All performances will be held at the Cecilian Auditorium on the Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College campus. Please arrive 20-30 minutes before curtain for general admission seating.
- Thursday, Oct. 4 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 5 at 8 p.m.
A Talk Back session on issues surrounding eating and food issues and a reception will follow Friday’s performance.
- Saturday, Oct. 6 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 7 at 2 p.m.
- Adults: $10.00
- Children (12-17) and seniors: $5.00
- Children under 12: Free
- Students from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, Indiana State University, Ivy Tech State College and Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and are admitted free of charge with a student ID.
- Ellen - Kelsie Uselman
- Callie - Sherry Bube
- Paul - Pete Ciancone
- Hannah - Laura Kempton
- Elizabeth - Cathleen Flynn
- David - T.J. Tincher
- Nessa - Julia Fears
- Herrick - Jennifer Garrett
- Tony - CeCe Caron
Call the Music and Theatre Hotline at (812) 535-6211 for more information.
Check out the media coverage for SMWC's "The Art of Dining"
- The Woods presents "The Art of Dining," Tribune Star, September 2012
- Realistic and Absurd Dining at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana Public Media, October 2012
- "The Art of Dining" comes to SMWC, The Woods Newspaper, October 2012