Student Accounts

Quick Links

Tuition and Fees

For a detailed break-down of tuition prices and related fees, please visit the Tuition & Fees page.

( Top )

Payment Options

Several options are available to students to pay their accounts:

  1. Financial Aid
  2. Payment in full with check, cash, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover)
  3. Pay online via your portal using a checking account or credit/debit card
  4. Payment plan (see below)

( Top )

Payment Plans

Payment plans are available in the Business Office located in Guerin Hall Room 233.  Payment plans vary based on the student’s program.  School tuition, fees, and room and board must be paid, have an approved payment plan, or financial aid before classes start.  Payment plan fees are charged as follows:



Please consult with Business Office staff for more details about payment plans. Download a payment plan

( Top )

Late Fees

A late payment fee will be assessed if payments are made after a bill's payment due date.  Accounts are the responsibility of the student and it is therefore incumbent upon the student to see that accounts are kept current.  Anytime a student is not current in their SMWC approved payment plan and/or the student account balance is over 30 days past due, late payment fees will be assessed.  Late payment fees will be calculated on the 15th of the month according the following schedule:  


Student Records

Students can access their account online by visiting their personal portal and selecting the appropriate link. Within MyRecords, students can view account details, make payments, and view other personal details. You will need your student ID and password to access this information online.

( Top )

Student Stipends/Refunds from Financial Aid or Loans

Student accounts that have a credit balance from financial aid or loans will have a stipend/refund check issued each Friday of the week following the posting of the credit balance.  Checks will be mailed to the student’s home address unless the Business Office is notified in writing or email to hold the check for the student to pick up in the Business Office. Credit balances can be held for future charges if the student makes the request in writing.  Held funds may be returned to the student at the end of the school year.

( Top )

Failure to Meet Financial Requirements and Account Holds

Students with an outstanding balance and no payment plan in place or students that are not current in their payments will have a hold placed on their account. Holds will restrict students from registering for classes, receiving diplomas and receiving official transcripts. The account must be paid in full in order for the hold to be removed.

Failure to comply with these requirements prior to the beginning of the term will result in the student’s registration being revoked, and the student will not be able to attend classes, or move into the residence hall, if applicable. 

A hold will be placed on student accounts that are past due.  This means a student will not have access to transcripts, will not be able to register, or receive a diploma.  Accounts that are past due will be assessed a late fee monthly, per the above, on the balance.  The account will be turned over to a Collection Agency after a reasonable time is allowed.  Delinquent accounts that are placed into collection will be charged for all related costs.

( Top )

Campus, WOL, and Graduate Withdrawal Policy

If a student withdraws following registration, the student pays tuition according to the schedule per the current college catalog (undergraduate and graduate catalogs listed at the following link):  College Catalogs Link

Top )

Title IV Funding

If a student withdraws from all courses, the College is obligated under federal regulations to calculate the amount of financial aid the student has earned, based on the percentage of time completed in the term. The College tuition refund policy does not mirror the federal guidelines. As a result, the student may owe a balance due to the College.

The law specifies how the school must determine the amount of Title IV program assistance that you earn if you stop attending or withdraw from school. The Title IV programs that are covered by this law are:  Federal Pell Grants, Academic Competitiveness Grants, National SMART grants, TEACH Grants, Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOGs), and Federal Perkins Loans. When you stop attending or withdraw during your payment period or period of enrollment the amount of Title IV program assistance that you have earned up to that point is determined by a specific formula. If you received more assistance than you earned, the excess funds must be returned by the school and/or you. If you received less assistance than the amount that you earned, you may be able to receive those additional funds. The amount of assistance that you have earned is determined on a prorata basis.  For more information, visit the following:  Treatment of Title IV When a Student Withdraws or Stops Attending



Visit the forms page for a complete list of business office forms that are available online.

( Top )

Tax Records

Every year, SMWC issues form 1098T to its students in all programs.  This form gives necessary information in order to prepare your (or your parents’) tax return.  Information provided on this form will be student identification; tuition charged for the year (in this case the year will consist of three semesters Summer, Fall and Spring); scholarships and grants applied to the account for that same timeframe; and whether the student was full time or part time.

The 1098T forms prepared by SMWC do not indicate the amount of payments made to a student’s account other than scholarships and grants during the year.

For more information on 1098Ts and educational credits, please visit the IRS’s website: (opens in new window)

( Top )

Perkins Loans

View details about the Perkins Loan Program on the Financial Aid section of our website. If you have questions about the Perkins Loan program please contact the Office of Financial Aid.

( Top )

Student Services

The business office offers several services for students, please view the Student Services page to see what we can do for you.

( Top )

Delinquent Balances

Student whose accounts are not in good standing are not entitle to receive transcripts, diplomas, or certificates. Delinquent accounts are subject to a monthly service fee.

( Top )

Delinquent Account Collections

If it is necessary to forward a delinquent balance to the College’s collection agency, all reasonable collection costs, including attorney fees and other charges necessary for the collection of any amount not paid when due, will be the responsibility of the student.

( Top )