Employer Partnerships and Resources
Through a liberal arts education, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College students develop the skills that prepare them for career and life. Our exceptional graduates are taught to connect intellectual, historical, ethical, social, and economic contexts from the past and future with their own experiences.
Woods Graduates Make Great Employees
Here are some specific reasons why. Many graduates of The Woods:
- Have professional experience stemming from their internships, job-shadowing experiences, and advising on resume-building, writing cover letters, and other vital skills in the competitive workforce.
- Have a liberal arts education which has helped them to explore different landscapes and discover multiple perspectives. They have the ability to analyze a situation from many different angles, which has given them an unlimited understanding of the world.
- Have an education which provides marketable skills by cultivating a lifelong hunger for knowledge, essential for a lifetime of success. This is a quality that has been nurtured and reinforced in our graduates.
- Have been taught to come to their own conclusions, not because they were told the answer, but because they have the tools to discover the answer. They have good judgment and a fullness of mind, and are ready to make a positive change in the world.
- Have been trained to evaluate and analyze all kinds of complex problems. With these developed methods of critical thinking, they can take on any challenge, whether in work, school or life. Their unique insight will lead others in your company to creative solutions.
The Career Development Center at SMWC assists employers in a variety of ways:
- Internship and employee search
- On-campus interviews
- On-campus information sessions
- Connections with faculty
- And much more!