Tips for Staying Healthy
College Life can be both exciting and stressful, here are some everyday actions you can follow to help prevent illness.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice other good health habits such as get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious foods.
- If you become sick, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing and coughing, and avoid close contact with others.
Flu season can begin as early as October; we encourage students to get a Flu Vaccination as soon as it becomes available.